Expiration of deposit and credit
Return the device (OBU) you no longer use within one year
If there has been no toll transaction recorded over the past 12 months, there will be an expiry and the device will be switched off:
- there will be a forfeiture of the deposit
- there will be forfeiture of the outstanding balance (only pre-pay)
- the account of the vehicle will be closed
It is not possible to use the device and you will have to get a new one.
You can return the device you no longer use:
- PRE-PAY OBU (with balance on it) – personally at any Distribution or Contact Point
- POST-PAY OBU (where invoices are received) – only the person stated in the contract can return this device at any Contact Point.
The deposit is returned only for devices that are undamaged and in time and to which original document of the vehicle is presented.
If you do not return the device in time, the device will expire, the account of the vehicle will be closed and you need to get a new device:
- PRE-PAY OBU (with credit) at any Contact or Distribution point
- POST-PAY OBU (with invoices) only a person stated in the contract can register a new device in advance at a Contact Point or through a fleet company, in the meantime the driver has to use a pre-pay device
In this connection it is useful to have vehicles registered into the internet self-care centre where you have a valid e-mail address and where you will find information regarding expiry date to each device. In addition, two months before the device expires e-mails are sent with notification regarding the forfeiture of deposit.
Closing of the account for vehicles is directed by the 13/1997 Collection of Laws., § 22c, Column. (6) Act; see Amendment 268/2015 Collection of Laws. of 13th of November 2015. For this reason, as of 14th of November 2016 devices where there has been no transaction recorded over the past twelve months will expire. The accounts of vehicles will be removed from the evidence and devices will not be functional. The vehicle has to be registered again in the toll system before you use a road where the toll is collected and a new device has to be bought.
Has your device expired?
Do you still want to use the roads where the toll is collected?
Follow the procedure for users of:
- expired PRE-PAY (with credit) devices
- expired POST-PAY devices with payment through a fleet company
- expired POST-PAY devices with bank guarantee
List of vehicles for download
Vehicle registration numbers whose OBU can expire
- in following 60 days [Format .csv]