Vehicles subject to toll payment
Overview of the vehicle categories subject to toll collection
Charging is based on the vehicle type and the distance travelled on a toll road. The use of a toll road by a vehicle with at least four wheels and the maximum permissible weight of over 3.5 tons shall be subject to a toll payment.
Vehicles according to the emission class:
- up to EURO IV class;
- EURO V and EEV class;
- EURO VI class;
- CNG-BIO EURO VI class.
Vehicles according to the number of axles:
- with two axles;
- with three axles;
- with four axles;
- with five or more axles.
Vehicles by category:
- Road motor vehicle - A vehicle with at least four wheels and having a maximum permissible weight of more than 3.5 tons (this category also includes caravans and campers)
- Bus - A bus for the purpose of the toll system shall be a road motor vehicle with at least four wheels, having in its registration documents specified the maximum permissible weight of 3 501 kg or more and at least one of the following data:
- in the field J. vehicle category ... M2 or M3 or M2G or M3G
- in the field vehicle type... “Bus”
- in the field S. number of transported persons including the driver 10 or more (or the sum of places for sitting and standing in the field S.1 and S.2)
Special motor vehicles do not fall into the category of road motor vehicles according to Act No. 56/2001 Coll. (Road Traffic Act) and are therefore not subject to tolls. These vehicles are equipped with a technical certificate of a special motor vehicle.
Do not confuse special motor vehicles with special purpose road motor vehicles. Special-purpose road motor vehicles, with a maximum permissible weight of more than 3.5 tonnes, are subject to tolls on toll roads.