Frequently asked questions
Overview of frequently asked questions and answers related to the complex service of electronic toll collection
The range of toll sections is extended by the government decree by 373.3 kilometers of 1st class roads. Specifically, the following sections of 1st class roads will be tolled in both directions:
- road I/16 Řevničov - Bezděčín, length 88,4 km
- road I/22 Vodňany - Klatovy, length 75,2 km
- road I/27 Plzeň, Litice - Klatovy, length 38,8 km
- road I/34 Havlíčkův Brod - Koclířov, length 81,5 km
- road I/38 Jihlava - Hatě, length 89,4 km
You can find a clear map of toll roads as well as contact and distribution points where the necessary registration of the vehicle can be made can be found here.
In the a post-pay mode, the return of the on-board unit does not automatically mean the termination of the vehicle registration. Registration of the vehicle remains open in case that the Vehicle Operator wants to pick up another on-board unit in the future. If the Vehicle Operator no longer needs any on-board unit for the specific vehicle in the future (for example, he sold the vehicle), it is necessary to cancel the registration of the vehicle in one of the following ways:
- The User with the post-pay terms agreement with deferred maturity terminates the registration of the vehicle in the Customer Zone.
- The User with the post-pay terms agreement with a fuel card payment contacts the Fuel Card Issuer.
- In both cases, the vehicle registration can also be terminated at the Contact Point, where the authorized person (statutory representative of the company or authorized person) will arrive.
In a pre-pay mode, the return of the on-board unit also terminates the registration of the vehicle.
Yes, for driving on toll roads (thus also newly charged from 1 July 2022) the carrier must meet the necessary requirements. In particular, to register the vehicle in the Electronic Toll System and equip it with an on-board unit. Registration can be done online or at one of the points of sale. If the carrier uses one of the fleet cards, the carrier can also ask the fleet card issuer for assistance.
You can also get all the necessary information on the customer service line +420 243 243 243.
In order to register a vehicle in the electronic toll system, the vehicle operator is obliged - in accordance with the act and the decree - to provide the system operator with the data necessary to register the vehicle and submit the vehicle technical certificate or the vehicle registration certificate.
A vehicle in the Electronic Toll System with at least four wheels, the maximum permissible weight being over 3.5 tons, shall be subject to toll payment for using a toll road.
The on-board unit is provided to the carriers in exchange for the deposit. It can be picked up at points of sale. You can find a list of distribution and contact points (including outages) in the Documents to download section (https://mytocz.eu/en/documents).
How can caravans and campers with maximum permissible weight of more than 3,5 tons be registered into the toll system?
According to the Czech law, this type of vehicles must be registered as truck. It is not a bus.
- If the originator of the submission is a company, entrepreneur or citizen with domicile in Slovakia, it may use a qualified signature or a recognised signature (i.e. a signature based on a qualified certificate, which is not necessarily stored on a qualified device)
- If the originator is a public authority (public institution) in the Czech Republic, it must use a qualified signature with a qualified time stamp
- If the originator of the submission is a company, an entrepreneur or a citizen with a domicile in the EU, it must use a qualified signature
- If the originator of the submission is a company, an entrepreneur or a citizen with a domicile outside the EU, it can use any signature issued by a trusted certification body
The on-board units can be returned personally at the distribution or contact points or eventually they can be sent by post to the address (no Premid OBU!): Annex NET s.r.o., České družiny 5, 160 00 Praha 6, Czech Republic together with a duly completed claim form including complete bank details, that can be downloaded from our websites. The on-board units should be shipped by post well in advance of the expiration date. If you send the on-board unit by mail and you will need a new one again in shorter time than 6 months, there will be a risk that the return process of your on board unit will not be finished yet and new registration of your vehicle at that time will not be possible. If you are sending multiple Onboard Units at once, pack them so that they do not come into physical contact with each other during transport. This will prevent possible damage to the devices. We do not recommend sending on-board units outside of the European Union due to the customs duties. Pre-pay units for which funds were paid in cash are recommended to be returned in person at service points.
The system of toll discounts continues to work; the rules for their provision are determined by Government Regulation No. 240/2014 Coll. and specified in the General Terms and Conditions.
The carrier has to register the vehicle to the toll discount system in the Customer Zone using an electronic signature (accesses were generated by the carrier when registering the vehicle) and complete the Discount information provision form, which can be downloaded from the Documents for download section. The carrier can also register the vehicle to the toll discount system without an electronic signature at the contact point where the authorized person will bring the completed Discount information provision form and a copy of the vehicle registration certificate. The discount system can be used by all operators with their vehicles operating both in postpay and prepay mode.
In order to approve the registration for discounts, it is necessary that the applicant for the discount is stated in the vehicle registration certificate as the owner or operator of the vehicle. Otherwise, it is necessary to submit a lease agreement or a leasing contract.
Yes, according to the amendment to Act No. 13/1997 Coll., which came into effect as of 1 January 2020, (a) vehicles using exclusively electricity or hydrogen as fuel, and (b) vehicles using electricity or hydrogen in combination with another fuel, if the CO2 emission value in the combined operation does not exceed 50 g/km, are entitled to toll payment exemption.
Vehicles already registered as toll free on the basis of an amendment to Act No. 13/1997 Coll. are entitled to a toll refund of tolls paid from 1.1.2020. The entiltement for a reimbursement of toll payment arises by submitting an application, i.e. by completing a claim form sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, creating a submission in your customer zone, or submitting a claim form through the Contact point. The application must contain:
- Vehicle licence plate number
- Account number to which funds will be transferred (funds can only be returned by bank transfer)
- Proof that the applicant is the owner or the operator of the vehicle (large technical certificate, leasing contract)
In order to be able to log in to your Self-Care Portal, it is first necessary that you have established user access to the Self-Care Portal (it is generated automatically when registering your vehicle) and know the login details (you will find this information in the e-mail sent to you during registration or you can request them at info@mytocz or +420 243 243 243). Subsequently, it is necessary to connect your user access to the Self-Care Portal with the means of electronic identification. Only then will it be possible to log in to the Self-Care Portal via electronic identity.
“Damaged electronic device” means an Electronic device that is mechanically damaged (eg broken, scratched device or missing power cord or degraded or otherwise damaged bar / numeric code) or has visually visible signs of damage (eg labelled, dirty, burnt, leaked / appearing signs of liquid penetration into the device or contaminated with glue or equiped with a cable other than that specified by the manufacturer or received at the Distribution or Contact Point or by post). A damaged electronic device is assessed regardless of the functionality of the barcode or the Electronic Device as such. The damaged electronic device is such an electronic device, which malfunction was caused by the Vehicle Operator or the Driver, this fact is confirmed by authorized persons.
We recommend to use e.g. Adobe Acrobat Reader.
The procedure for signing in Acrobat:
- The PDF file opens which you want to sign.
- At the top left, click the "Tools" tab.
- Click the “Certificates” item.
- Acrobat switches back to the open PDF and the “Certificates” panel appears at the top.
- Click the "Digital sign" button.
- The signature field is drawn manually to show the visible portion of the signature.
- A dialogue box opens where you need to select the certificate to create the signature.
- Click the "Sign" button.
- September A dialogue box for saving the resulting document with the signature opens.
- Acrobat creates a signature and saves the document. Alternatively, you may see a dialogue box for entering the PIN/password for the signature key, depending on the specific device used for signing.